How to Eliminate Bed Bugs in Medicine Hat, Alberta
Finding a Professional Pest Management Service to Remove Bedbugs
If you are experiencing bedbugs in your home, numerous strategies can be used to eliminate
the pests, including chemical and non-chemical treatments.
Tips for Medicine Hat Rental Tenants:
Report bed bug concerns to your landlord or property manager. In Alberta, (rental) property
managers and landlords are required by law to hire a licensed pest control operator to take care of all
confirmed bedbug infestations.
You will need to prepare your suite for treatment. The pest control service hired by your
landlord/property manager will provide instructions on how to properly prepare your suite.
A licensed pest control professional can be hired to inspect and address infestations. Certain
treatments may only be applied by certified pest control operators.
- To help eliminate bedbugs without chemicals, homeowners can:
- Machine-wash bedding, curtains, rugs, towels and clothes separately in the hottest water
and dry on the hottest recommended cycle.
- Dry clean materials if needed and alert the dry cleaner of any infested clothing.
- Store clean items in plastic bags.
- Scrub mattress seams with a stiff brush to dislodge bedbugs and their eggs.
- Remove bedbugs and eggs from mattresses, bed frames, furniture, floors, and carpets,
using a vacuum cleaner. Discard the used vacuum bag in a sealed plastic bag
immediately after clean-up.
- Repair or seal cracks and loose wallpaper.
Back to the Alberta Bed Bugs Directory